Sunday, September 8, 2013

Recipe Review: Cashew Cream of Mushroom Soup


This post is a part of Vegan MoFo. For more information about Vegan MoFo, visit their website.

It had been a while since we made soup. I often look on Pinterest for inspiration because I pin a lot of recipes from other blogs there to try later. Of course there is already more on there than I can ever hope to try ;) But I pick something from there on a regular basis. Last week I decided to make a cashew cream of mushroom soup from Vegan Sparkles.


This very filled mushroom soup can easily serve as a meal on it's own. I only took a piece of bread with it. Using a variety really adds to the flavor and I loved the depth of it. It is not a very fast recipe because the broth needs to simmer for 45 minutes as do the cashews. But it is still easy enough because you only need to stir it every now and then. So it is a very hands off recipe. However I do strongly suspect that our kitchen machine wasn't strong enough to make a proper cashew cream. The reason why I say that is because there we still tiny pieces of cashew in the soup and our soup has a totally different color and texture than the original. It doesn't look creamy at all/
Therefore my boyfriend didn't like it all that much. He only likes nuts when you don't notice the texture of it. So sadly we won't be making it again. But for people who do have a strong kitchen machine, please go ahead and try it! I loved the flavor and the soup is very satisfying. Great for the upcoming fall. The recipe is under the link above :)


No comments:

Post a Comment