Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz


This post is a part of Vegan MoFo. For more information about Vegan MoFo, visit their website.

It wasn't my intention to post 2 book reviews in a row. I actually like to switch it up. However then I got sick and I couldn't work out the other ideas I had for posts in between. Today I am trying to pick it up again, and I wanted to review this book for a very long time already. So here it is! Tomorrow I will share a recipe from this book as well, so don't forget to check back :)

Title: Vegan Brunch
Author: Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Publisher: Da Capo Lifelong Books
Release date: May, 2009
Length: 256 pages
I got this book: bought it

Summary:
From Goodreads:
Omelets. French toast. Bacon. Brunch has always been about comfort, calories—and for vegans everywhere, a feast of foods they can’t touch. Until now! Bestselling vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz unleashes her signature flair and ingenuity to give readers breakfast they won’t find anywhere else, whether welcoming you from a late night on the town or waking you up for a meal you won’t want to forget.Recipes range from the classic (Pancakes and Waffles) to the inspired (Banana Rabanada) to the decadent (Pain au Chocolat) to the essential (Bloody Marys).
The book also includes gluten-free and soy-free recipes. With over 75 recipes suitable for one or to wow a crowd, and gorgeous color photos throughout, Vegan Brunch is the ultimate cookbook for the most important meal of the day.

Personal opinion:
I am really enthusiastic about this book because this is a great book for vegan beginners. The recipes are clear, easy and the ones I tried did taste awesome! I personally did try more of the baking department in this book, because I really want to veganize my baking. I made the Lemon Poppyseed Muffins from this book a while back. And for Vegan MoFo I made the Tomato-Rosemary Scones recently. I really loved both recipes. There are many more recipes I want to try, like several other muffins, scrambles, and waffles (but I don't own a waffle maker yet). There are many more great recipes like quiches, potato recipes and such. But to be honest, these are more dinner recipes to me than brunch. Don't think this book is only suitable for beginners though. It also has several recipes to make vegan sausages from scratch, a thing that I really don't dare to try right now. This book is perfect for me, because it contains all kind of easy vegan recipes that I can make ahead and put in a bento as well.

Purchase links: The Book Depository
Other reviews: none yet
If you have reviewed this book and want your link here, please leave a comment with the link, and I will add it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment