Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bento for week 12 and Japanese Sweet Potato Muffins

Soooo yeah... remember last week's bento post where I said I was ill but would try to post...? Well... I have been ill most of the week, still went to school... you get my point. So today I will share a recipe with the bento post that I wanted to share last week, but couldn't. I will try to post something Easter related tomorrow. No promises though ;) But I did a;ready write and schedule the Food Blog Swap for March, so there is something to look forward too. The recipe for the sweet potato muffins comes from Mama Loli.

I will only post one bento this week. This is the one I took to school with me. Nick's were the same for two days and the last day he just took muffins and bread with him. In the bento there are some leftover beans in tomato sauce, Greek style, that we had for dinner. Some Kisir, Japanese Sweet Potato Muffins, cheese cubes and hot chocolate Pocky sticks.


Japanese Sweet Potato Muffins: (makes about 12-16)
- 200 gr sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 115 gr unsalted butter
- 135 gr sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250 gr cake flour
- 0.25 cup milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp baking powder

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease your muffin tin, but I use silicone ones so it isn't needed. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes (they should be sugar cube size) and boil them for about 5 minutes. Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs one by one in the mixture. Do not add more egg until the previous egg is mixed in the batter. Stir in the honey.
Mix the flour with the baking powder. Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk with the rest of the batter. Mix well. Then add the rest of the flour and milk. Mix once more.
Scoop the batter into the muffin tin and top each muffins with sweet potato cubes.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment