Sunday, January 31, 2016

Slow Cooker: Veggie Tikki Masala

One of the best thing to make in the slow cooker have to be curries. I actually am dipping a lot in the Indian style kitchen atm. I made this easy curry last week and it was also great in a bento. That is another thing I love about curry, it also tastes great cold. Next week I have more Indian dishes planned like bombay potatoes and soup. So those will be on the blog eventually. But back to the dish of today: Tikki Masala. It is budget friendly and tasty but I am not sure how authentic this recipe is. It doesn't really matter to me, as long as it tasted good :) The recipe I used is from Simply Life.


Veggie Tikki Masala: (serves 4, 3.5L Slow cooker)
- 425 gr canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 0.25 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp curry powder
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- naan to serve


Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion, tomato paste and garlic for a bit. Transfer to the slow cooker and add every ingredient except for the peas and naan. Put on low for 4.5 hours. Add the peas for the last half hour. Make sure your peas are defrosted before adding them to the slow cooker.  Serve with naan.




No comments:

Post a Comment