Sunday, March 17, 2013

Recipe: Zucchini Bread

I almost haven't posted here for over a month. I won't promise I will be back full time, but I wanted to at least share this amazing recipe I made for zucchini bread! I saw this on our 24-hour cooking channel on the telly and I just had to make this! It is a bit of a gray area if it is a bread or a cake. It is a cake recipe, but because it is savoury, I use it as a bread and spread it with cream cheese for instance.


Zucchini bread / cake:
- 2 zucchini (if you can get yellow ones, use 1 green and 1 yellow)
- 4 eggs
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml yoghurt
- 300 gr flour
- 1 tl baking powder
- about 4 sprigs of basil
- some oregano
- some sundried tomatoes
- 50 gr pine nuts
- salt and pepper

Grate the zucchini and press as much moist out as you can. Chop the basil, and cut the sundried tomatoes.  Beat the eggs and season with some salt and pepper. Add the yoghurt and olive oil and stir through. Then add the pine nuts, oregano, chopped basil, sundried tomatoes and zucchini. Mix it gently. Lastly first mix the flour and the baking powder and then add that as well, just stir it until it is well mixed, do not overmix the batter.
Line a cake tin with baking paper and scoop the batter in. Bake for about 1.5 hours on 170 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment