Tuesday, May 3, 2011

#85 - Salmon Potato Salad bento


This bento is inspired by the salmon salad that I saw a while ago on the blog from Bento Babe. I created my own version of the salad which I made for dinner this evening and I put the leftovers in a bento together with an egg. Because this dish has everything in one, I only used 1 tier of the biggest bento since I don't require any side dishes. I will share the recipe how I made the salad which I made vegetarian, but I added the salmon later because Zeronic doesn't eat salmon. I have no idea if it even resembles the original but it was very tasty.

Warm Salmon Potato Salad:
- 200gr potatoes
- half a cucumber
- 300gr green beans
- 2 eggs or 2 Salmon filets
- Butter lettuce

For the dressing:
- 3tbsp mayonnaise (I always use low fat)
- lemon juice
- chives
- 1tsp red pesto
- salt & pepper

Cook the potatoes, beans and eggs (if used). Peel the eggs and chop them up. Cut the lettuce and the cucumber. Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Rinse the potatoes and beans. Add everything together while the ingredients are still warm. Even the dressing. If you use salmon instead of eggs (I have both now) then grill the salmon before adding it to the salad. I used my new contact grill for this and it took me about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment