Friday, June 6, 2014

Very Veggie: Edamame Burgers

I really love edamame beans. I started using them in my bento to fill up small empty spaces. But I hardly used them anymore now I don't make bento as much as I used to. This is a shame, because there are many ways to use these beans. It has also been a while that I tried a new burger recipe, so combining the two seemed like a good idea :) I really like the flavor of these burgers and the color is lovely! The original recipe is from Lauren's Concepts. We served them on hamburger buns from the AH. Those were really good buns!!


Edamame Burgers: (makes 6-8 burgers)

- 1/3 cup spring onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 450 gr edamame beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- mushrooms
- avocado

Cook the edamame beans, let cool a bit. In a food processor blend 2/3 of the edamame beans, onion, garlic, cilantro, 1/2 of the bread crumbs, egg white, salt, and pepper until a thick paste forms. Chop the remaining edamame until you have some chunks. Combine remaining edamame and the rest of the bread crumbs with the mixture. Make patties, lightly dip in flour, and then cook until lightly browned and warmed all the way through.

Serve with mushrooms, some slices of avocado, mayo & ketchup on a burger bun.


1 comment:

  1. Nice, I want to make some veggie burger sometime soon so maybe I'll use your recipe!

    -X-
    Joy
    Fashionfoodfunforever.nl/wordpress/

    ReplyDelete