Tuesday, March 29, 2016

FoodBlogSwap: American Pancakes

The FoodBlogSwap is a swap between bloggers from the Netherlands. This month I had to pick something from the blog Mammatje van Alles, which is a blog about mommyhood. The blog of course also has a lot of recipes. I had 3 recipes in my pre selection, but I decided to go back to basics and choose for American Pancakes. I have a lot of pancake and fritter recipes on the blog, but I seem to skip the basic recipes. The original recipe had blueberries in them but Nick doesn't like them, so we went all natural. Sadly the pancakes that we made aren't as thick as the original either. That is just our skill I guess. We need more practice. The taste was delicious though and that is all that matters in the end.


American Pancakes:
- 250 gr wheat flour
- 250 gr wheat meal
- 700 ml milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp salt

Separate the eggs. Clean a bowl with a paper towel and some lemon juice. Beat the egg whites stiff until they have peaks. In another bowl mix the flour, meal and salt. Add the egg yolk and milk. Stir through. Lastly add the egg whites carefully in 4 parts. Heat some oil in a frying pan. Bake small pancakes golden brown on both sides. 


No comments:

Post a Comment