Saturday, December 12, 2015

Best Breakfast: Winter Granola

Ever since I made my first granola recipe for a foodblogswap, I am hooked to the stuff. I have made several batches and tried different variations. One that I really liked is this wintery granola. I think this would also make a great Christmas present for a foodie. The inspiration for this recipe comes from Het Grote Sinterklaas Kookboek.


Winter Granola (makes about 600 gram)
- 250 gr oats
- 50 gr hazelnuts
- 50 gr walnuts
- 50 gr sunflower seeds
- 50 gr pumpkin seeds
- 50 gr line seeds
- 50 gr sesame seeds
- 50 gr shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 100 ml agave syrup

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop the nuts coarsely or leave them whole if you like that better. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. And spread the mixture evenly on the lined tray. Make sure your tray isn't too full. I need to make it in two batches. Place the tray in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Stir through one time halfway. Leave the granola to cool. You can keep it for 2 months if your store it in an air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment