Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fabulous Fish: Basic Tuna Salad

I don't get the chance to eat tuna a lot, because Nick doesn't like it. But he wasn't home and I wanted to make something easy but tasty. I actually made this Tuna Salad for lunch but I also had it for dinner that same night. There are several versions of basic tuna salads, but most of them have capers and raw onions in them. Both tastes are too strong for me and I really don't like them in my salads. I loved the simple tuna salad on Voedzaam en Snel, but I left out the onions and I served the salad in a wrap.


Basic Tuna Salad: (serves 2)
- 1 can tuna
- cucumber, 15 cm
- some cherry tomatoes
- rocket lettuce (or other lettuce to your taste)
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise

Drain the tuna well and place it in a bowl. Cut the cucumber. I sliced it and then cut the slices in 4. Half the cherry tomatoes. I used yellow ones this time, but you can use any tomato you want. Toss in some rocket lettuce or other lettuce to your liking.
Mix the yoghurt with the mayonnaise for the dressing.
I served the salad in a wrap but you can serve it on its own as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment