Friday, September 19, 2014

Easy Peasy: Nigella's Naan Pizza

I never tried a Nigella recipe before. I know, I know! But until recently I didn't see much of her way of cooking. But after I did, I searched some of her recipes online. I choose to make this naan pizza because I needed something easy for the weekend because I was eating alone that day. This recipe comes from the book Nigella Express, which I borrowed from the library, but it can also be found on her website. Next to an easy weekend meal, it would also be a good lunch dish.


Nigella's Naan Pizza (makes 2)

- 2 store bought naan bread
- 4 teaspoons tomato pulp
- 140 gram mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 150 gram grated cheese (she used fontina cheese, but I couldn't find that)
- 6 stalks thyme

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Lay the 2 naan breads on a baking sheet. Spread the tomato pulp or sauce over the naan breads, then lay mushrooms on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Strip the thyme leaves from the stalk and add those as a finishing touch. Place in the oven for about 5 minutes, by which time the cheese should be bubbling and melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment