Friday, June 20, 2014

So Sweet: Coconut Lime Cake

When I made Blondies from the blog Written by Nick for the Foodblogswap a few months back, there was another recipe on my to make list: a summery coconut lime cake. It took me a bit longer than I wanted but I finally was able to make this cake a few weeks back! Good thing I did too, because it was a delicious cake that even Nick (my BF, not the Nick from the blog) liked to eat, even though he dislikes coconut.


Coconut Lime Cake:
- 245 gr semolina (griesmeel)
- 230 gr sugar
- 100 gr grated coconut
- 450 ml yoghurt
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- pinch of salt

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix yoghurt, semolina, coconut, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the zest and juice of the lime. Stir through.
Grease a cake tin and / or coat with a baking sheet. Pout the batter into the cake tin and bake for about 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the cake is done.

To store, let the cake cool down and wrap it in tin foil for a day or two. You can also freeze the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment