Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Easy Peasy: Tuna Melts

I am still trying nice lunch recipes for my fish intake to up my vitamin D. I found a recipe on Ageeth Eet & Kookt, which I wanted to try. She used olives and kapers on her melts as well, but I am truly not a fan of either, so I kept mine very basic. But they were so good!! I also love that you can make the tuna mixture ahead, or that you can still use the leftover the next day, because it was too much for me to eat in one go ;) The original recipe stated 2 servings but the stuffing lasted for 4 melts, of course you need more cheddar for 4 tuna melts ;)


Tuna Melts:
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tbsp tomato tapenade
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 pistolets (the one you still have to bake at home)
- salt & pepper

Drain the tuna well. Mix this with the mayo and tapenade. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut the bread lengthwise and scoop the tuna mixture on the bottom half of each pistolet. Lay 2 slices of cheddar on top and add the top half of the pistolet. Then grill them on the panini maker.


No comments:

Post a Comment