Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Foodblogevent July: Peanut Butter Truffles

The Foodblogevent is hosted every month by another food blogger and has a different theme each month. This month it is hosted by Uit Paulines Keuken and the theme is high tea. When I think of high tea, I think of all kind of tasty sweets like scones, mini muffins and brownies but also cute little sandwiches. I combined sweet and savoury by making these little peanut butter balls that are one bite snacks. Because I am going vegan for two days during this months VeggieChallenge, I have chosen a vegan snack to bring to the party. The original recipe come from De Plantaardige Keuken, which I slightly altered.



Peanut Butter Truffles (makes 12)
- About 125gr peanut butter
- 25gr grated almond
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 25gr dark chocolate drops
- 25gr dates, pitted
- toppings (I used cocoa powder and grated coconut)

Place peanut butter, almonds, maple syrup and dates in the food processor and give it a spin until everything is well combined. Scoop in the chocolate drops and mix slightly. Roll small balls from the mixture and roll them through a topping of your choice. I did my batch 50/50 but in the end I liked the ones with coconut better. Keep them refrigerated for a few hours to get them a bit firmer, they will taste better that way. You can also keep them overnight.  


No comments:

Post a Comment