Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vitatas #22

It is so hot here today that for a long time, I wasn't even sure I would be able to post at all today. But it is late in the afternoon now and it is a tiny bit cooler, so the cloudy feeling has left my head a little. However I will make this nice and short :)


In the bag this week we have Bok Choy, 2 heads of lettuce, kohlrabi, carrots, cucumber and mushrooms.

The menu for week 27-28 will be:
Thursday and Friday: White bean burgers, with avocado, lettuce and cucumber
Saturday: No clue yet, because we have an Abunai (my volunteer job) weekend
Sunday: We will be out filming with the Abunai crew
Monday: Vegan Friendly Vegetable Stew (the 2nd portion will be eaten on Friday) (vegan day)
Tuesday: Pasta with walnut pesto, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes (pesto from Ecofabulous koken in alle seizoenen) (vegan day)
Wednesday: Something with the kohlrabi, I have yet to determine what.

For the vegan days I will make a cucumber spread to eat on my sammies, and I have an idea for vegan pizza toasties. I won't make my own snacks this time around, but there are plenty of vegan cookies that I can get my hands on, so I will try my luck with that.

Look in the recipe index for the recipes on bean burgers and vegan friendly vegetable stew, if you are interested.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the cucumber spread - may try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do :) It is totally fresh and delicious :)

      Delete