Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meatless Monday on Tuesday: Pumpkin Risotto

I already tried to make this risotto two weeks back, but stupid me let the risotto burn the last time because I was too tired to pay enough attention. But because this recipe came so highly recommended to me by some girls from the kookgrrls mailing list, I just had to try again. Glad I did too because this risotto was nice and creamy! It is a good way to clear out some leftover pumpkin. The original recipe in Dutch can be found at the kookgrrls site. My slightly adapted version is below.


Pumpkin Risotto (serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side)
- 200gr pumpkin, seeded and peeled
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 200gr risotto rice
- 500ml vegetable broth
- tomato puree
- some grated cheese

Heat some olive oil in a cooking pan and bake the onion and pumpkin cubes shortly. Add the risotto rice,  and tomato puree and stir well. I made this risotto the lazy way by just adding all the broth at once and let it cook on low heat for about 20 minutes while stirring regularly but not constantly. I did stay in the kitchen through the process though because as I learned the hard way: never leave risotto alone!

This post is part of Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.
MMMM is a weekly carnival dedicated to those interested in improving their personal health and the health of the planet by reducing meat consumption one day a week. Every Monday you have a chance to feature a link to something meatless. It doesn’t have to be a recipe {although that would be nice}, it can be a picture of a meatless meal you ate that week, an interesting article you read about meat consumption, a post on your blog about going meatless, perhaps a post on someone else’s blog you found helpful, anything Meatless Monday appropriate.

Also part of Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory.

No comments:

Post a Comment