Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recipe: Mushroom Stroganoff

This is another recipe from the Vegetarian Student Cookbook that I have reviewed before. (click on the link for the review) I needed a recipe to toss in some celery and this seemed a good one. I did have to buy loads of mushrooms though but we like mushrooms ;) Still I am not too fond of celery. I already knew this because I had encountered it in salads or soup before. I guess I just don't like bitter tastes. Anyway, here is the recipe:


Mushroom Stroganoff (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced thinly (I chopped it up in the kitchen machine so I didn't have to taste it ;) )
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 600 gr mixed mushrooms, sliced (we had white, brown, shii take)
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a pan and bake the onion, garlic and celery for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and paprika powder and bake for another 5 minutes. Pour the broth in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir in the sour cream and warm though on low heat for another 5 minutes. Serve with rice.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome :3 - and I'm saying your blog needs a google like / +1 button ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe for a cold fall eve.

    ReplyDelete