Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe: Tomatosoup with tortellini

The BF hasn't found a job yet, so the need for bento is small at the moment. Therefore I decided to blog a bit more about cooking and food in general for the time being. I would love to make a bento every day at home but it isn't really happening. The situation in the household changed and I rather adapt my blog to the current situation then to stop blogging all together. So today I have a recipe for a filling tomato soup that can be served as a stand alone meal. This will also be a great lunch for those who own a thermos bentobox.

Tomato-Tortellini Soup (makes 4 servings)
- 800gr tomato cubes (from a package or a can)
- 250gr tortellini with cheese
- 200gr frozen peas
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3/4L vegetarian soup broth (I used garden herbs)
- 2 gloves of garlic
- pepper and Italian herbs
- Sour cream

Peel and slice the garlic and fry them shortly in the olive oil. Add the tomato cubes and the soup broth and bring everything to a boil. Then add the tortellini and the peas. It will take about 12 minutes for the tortellini to be done. Add pepper and Italian herbs to taste. Serve with sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. I love tomato soup & with tortellini added? Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT SOME !! I WANT SOOOOOMMMMEEE... :D *mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very tasty and so easy to make. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete