Monday, February 21, 2011

Recipe: Pesto Muffins

I wanted to make some kind of hearty muffins again so today I tried a new recipe that I wanted to make for a long time. The result tasted great so I am glad to share the recipe for pesto muffins with you :)

Whole wheat pesto muffins (makes 12)
- 180gr whole wheat flour
- 5tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 80gr butter
- 2tbsp green pesto
- one sachet baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2tbsp grated cheese

Melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Make sure you cover the butter, or else your whole microwave needs cleaning afterwards. Put flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl and stir. Add the eggs, butter and milk bit by bit and mix it until you have a thick dough. Then add the pesto and grated cheese and mix till the dough is colored equally. If the dough is too thick, you can add a bit of extra milk. Pre heat the oven on 180 degrees (170 for microwave-ovens)  and fill a muffin tin of 12 (or in my case 2 from 6) with 1 tbsp of the mixture for each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes.

These muffins are really filling and 2 per person should be enough for lunch. The rest you can place in the freezer to build up a bento stash :) This  recipe is submitted to Whip Up Something New, a great way to connect with other food bloggers who tried new recipes :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL okay, in this vegan period of m,y life I'm not going to copy these! But they look awesome :) I'll share some hearty muffins with you some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pesto... bet these are heavenly!

    ReplyDelete