Tuesday, September 29, 2015

FoodBlogSwap: Granola with Cranberries

For this month's Foodblogswap I made granola from Kimberly Kookt. Her blog is full of inspirational and healthy recipes and it was hard to pick one. I eventually choose for the granola, because that is something I wanted to make for a long time, but was always a bit afraid of trying. Would I even like oats and all those seeds in my breakfast? But I wanted to try an alternative for eating bread in the morning for some time now, so I decided to give it a go and I have been eating this for the past 14 days already. I scoop 35 gr of the granola in a bowl and add vanilla yoghurt. This is enough for me to keep me full for about 3 hours. Kimberly's recipe had raisins but I replaced those with cranberries because I am not that much into raisins. This recipe is easily made vegan by replacing the honey for agave or maple syrup, but I used honey this time, because that is what I had.


Granola with Cranberries: (17 portions about 35 gr each)
- 300 gr oats
- 50 gr pine nuts
- 100 gr cranberries
- 50 gr grated almonds
- 30 gr sesame seeds
- 30 gr poppy seeds
- 30 gr chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (the original recipe said 185, but my oven can only do 180 or 190 so I choose the former. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, except for the cranberries. Mix in the oil and the honey and make sure that everything is covered.

Line your baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture over the paper in a single layer. I had to bake my mixture in two batches. Place it in the oven for about 25 minutes and stir through halfway. Let the granola cool down and lastly add the cranberries. Store in an airtight jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment