Tuesday, March 24, 2015

FoodBlogSwap: Homemade Fish Burgers

It is time for another FoodBlogSwap! This is an event where bloggers from the Netherlands cook from each others blogs. It is great fun to see each month what people choose to make :) This month I cooked from Ik kook ook. I read that Yvanka, the blog owner, uses her blog in the same way I do. As a reference to the recipes she likes.

I scrolled through her blog until I found something to my liking, but this didn't take very long because I found a recipe for kids proof fish burgers. I wanted to make my own fish burgers for a long time, but this didn't happen yet. And while I don't have kids, my boyfriend Nick is a bit of a picky fish eater. He only eats the white fishes like cod and ones which taste similar. But we both love to make burgers so this we had to try. I didn't change anything to the recipe itself but we did dress the burgers with an avocado and sour cream topping. We served them with baked potatoes for a nice weekend meal.


Homemade Fish Burgers: (Makes 4)
- 400 gr cod fish
- 2 tbsp spelt flour
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- a handful fresh parsley
- dash of sea salt
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado
- burger buns

Chop the parsley. Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the avocado, sour cream and olive oil.  Pulse until you get a bit of a minced meat structure. With wet hands for 4 burgers.

Heat some olive oil in a pan and bake the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side on medium heat.
Meanwhile, remove the pit from the avocado, and mash it together with 2 tbsp of sour cream. Spread the cream on one side of a burger bun and place the fish burger on top.

As you can see, ours fell apart a bit, but they still taste great! We served them with baked potatoes as a weekend meal. But of course those will go great with veggies as well, or dress them up even more with some tomatoes and cucumber and serve them alongside a salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment