Friday, December 19, 2014

Bento Bites: Sweet Potato Pancakes

I am digging up some really old recipes that I am blogging this week ;) Truth is that I stumbled into the pictures I took of the book page with my phone, because I didn't post the recipe yet but the book had to go back to the library. The thing is that I sometimes can't remember which book the recipe was originally from. It think this recipe is from Plenty by Ottolenghi, but I am not 100% sure. Anyway, I decided to blog the recipe right away before it would get lost in my archives again ;)


Sweet Potato Pancakes: (Serves 4)
- 100 gr flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- about 3 tbsp spring onion
- butter

For the sauce:
- 50 gr Greek yoghurt
- 50 gr sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper

Peel, cut and steam the sweet potatoes until soft. Leave them to drain in a colander for at least an hour.
Make the sauce by mixing all ingredients together, add salt and pepper to taste and set aside so the flavours can develop.

Mix all the ingredients with the sweet potato (except for the butter) by hand. Don't over mix, It needs to stick together. If it is too moist, add some more flour. Heat some butter in a pan. Scoop about 1 tbsp of mixture into a pan, and spread it out until you have a 5 cm pancake that is about 1 cm thick. There should fit about 3 in a pan. Bake on medium heat for about 6 minutes on each side. Layer the pancakes between paper towels to drain the moist. Serve with the sauce.

If you bake the pancakes in margarine, the pancakes are vegan. They would also taste great with some maple syrup :)


No comments:

Post a Comment