Saturday, November 22, 2014

Veganize it!: Indian Green Beans with Curry Potatoes

I made this dish a good while back already, but because I am on a roll with making a dent in my backlog, I am going to try to share some older recipes as well :) I love Indian food, and when the green beans were on sale and I was looking for a new recipe, I stumbled into this one. The original recipe comes from Smulweb. Not my favourite place to look for recipes, but I found it through Pinterest and decided to give it a go anyway :)


Indian Green Beans with Curry Potatoes (serves 4)
- 250 gr green beans, in 3 cm pieces
- 200 gr canned tomato cubes
- 6 potatoes, in cubes
- 250 gr kidney beans
- 2 spring onions, in rings
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp kurkuma
- fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds (white is possible too)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- dash of salt

Boil the potatoes until they are about half done. Heat the oil and bake the cumin and mustard seeds until the cumin darkens and to mustard seeds pop. Add the onion and bake shortly. Add the green beans and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and cook for about 1 more minute before you add the water, kidney beans and kurkuma. Boil for about 10 minutes with the lid on the pan. Add sugar and salt, place back the lid and boil for another 10 minutes until the veggies and potatoes are done and a thick sauce has formed. The potatoes may be a bit softer than usual. Add some cut fresh cilantro before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment