Monday, November 24, 2014

FoodBlogSwap: Red Pesto

Last month there wasn't a FoodBlogSwap, so that is why you missed it on the blog. But this month it was back! I got to cook from the blog Eten van Eefke. I love the clean but fun layout of her blog. It is full of easy to prepare recipes which are mostly gluten and lactose free. I choose to make her red pesto, because I had this on my to-make list for a long time, so this was a nice chance to actually do so. I liked it very much and given how easy it is, I will make it again for sure. Also, there is a small amount of Parmasan is this recipe. But without the cheese it is lactose free, and also vegan. I used the pesto in an oven dish, but that recipe will follow later.


Red Pesto:
- 125 gr sundried tomatoes from a jar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30 gr pine nuts
- 30 gr Parmasan cheese (optional)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper

Roast the pine nuts in a frying pan. Do not use oil in the pan, just roast them dry. Mix the tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts and cheese in a food processor. Add some olive oil until the pesto has the thickness you desire. It is a very nice touch to use the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes for extra flavour. I love that and I use the oil from the tomatoes all the time when I cook with them. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I used the biggest part in an oven dish, but the leftover I used to make marcarpone and pesto toasties. The pesto was gone in 2 days. If you want to store it up to a week, put the pesto in a small jar and use enough olive oil to cover the pesto.




No comments:

Post a Comment