Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bento Bites: Courgette Basil Muffins

I actually made these muffins first in June from this year to take with me to a all weekend promotion event. They tasted awesome, but because it was so hectic, I forgot to photograph them for the blog. So when my mom was in the hospital, a few weeks back, I made these again to take with me. I love savoury muffins because they are easy to transport and eat on the go when you don't have time to sit down for lunch. The original recipe I got from Just Hungry.


Courgette Basil Muffins (makes about 24 muffins)
- 2 large eggs
- 0.75 cup milk
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2.5 cups flour
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups grated courgette (about 2)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Combine egg, milk and oil in a large bowl. In another bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in batches. Do not over mix. Lastly add courgette and basil and stir to mix.

Fill each muffins cup about half full. Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. These actually taste best warm, but are still good cold. I froze about half the batch for later use and this went fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment