Friday, October 24, 2014

Typical Dutch: Stroopwafel Cinnamon Cake

There is something new in the Dutch stores: a boxed mix for stroopwafelcake. Stroopwafels are waffles with syrup in between. It is a typical Dutch cookie and loved by my international friends. I dislike to use boxed mixes because they are full of additional junk that we don't need. So when I saw this recipe for stroopwafel cinnamon cake by Lekker en Simpel, I knew I had to try this. It is really tasty and easy to make. I loved the combination of flavours. I am sorry for the people who can't get their hands on stroopwafels, but I think that any kind of waffles with syrup will do as a replacement.


Stroopwafel Cinnamon Cake:
- 200 gr butter on room temperature
- 200 gr self rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of koek and speculaas spices (use all-spice instead)
- 5 stroopwafels
- 150 gr sugar
- 50 gr brown castor sugar
- 4 eggs



Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees. Mix the soft butter with the sugars. When light and creamy, add in the eggs one by one. Make sure one is totally mixed through before adding the next. Add the self rising flour bit by bit. And mix until you have a nice cake batter.

Crumble the stroopwafels and add those lastly together with cinnamon, and koek and spaculaas spices. Stir through. Place the cake in the oven for 60-70 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment