Saturday, October 18, 2014

Comfort Food: Pasta Ovendish with Ricotta and Leek

I am a bit picky about leeks. I love them in certain dishes as long as they don't have the upper hand in flavour. I am always a bit cautious trying new recipes with leek. But I am very glad I did because I loved this ovendish. The original recipe is from Lekker en Simpel. This has become a go-to blog for me because there are just so many easy and tasty recipes on there. The recipe says it is for 2, but we ate 2 days from this. If you are big eaters, you might want to double the recipe if you want to eat two days from it like we did.


Pasta Ovendish with Ricotta and Leek: (serves 2-4)
- 250 gr ravioli (or another pasta kind)
- 250 gr sifted tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 spring oinion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- a few tbsp ricotta cheese
- a handful grated cheese (optional) (we let some slices melt on top)

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Cook the pasta. Cut leek, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Heat some oil in the pan and bake leek, onion and garlic shortly. After about 4 minutes add the tomatoes, canned tomatoes and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Mix the pasta with the sauce and transfer to an ovendish. Top with ricotta and grated cheese.
Place the dish for about 10 minutes in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment