Monday, July 7, 2014

Comfort Food: Tortellini in Creamy Mushroom Sauce

I already managed to make a successful cheese sauce a while ago and now I also made a very nice creamy mushroom sauce. I am happy with the fact that I am finally getting better in making my own sauces other than tomato and sateh sauce ;) The recipe is quite easy and I will surely make this more often!


Tortellini in Creamy Mushroom Sauce (serves 4)
- 185 gr small mushrooms
- 1 small lemon
- 60 gr butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 300 ml cream
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 500 gr tortellini (vegetarian), cooked
- pepper
- nutmeg

Cut mushrooms in thin slices. Grate the lemon, only the yellow part! Melt butter in a medium pan and bake mushrooms for about 30 seconds. Add garlic, cream, lemon zest, some pepper and nutmeg. Stir through on low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the cheese and let it simmer for 3 more minutes. Scoop sauce through the tortellini and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment