Sunday, April 20, 2014

Menu for week 16

So here we are again with the weekly menu. In spite of me having 3 medical appointments this week, we have made yummy things. I had to draw blood and it turned out that I don't have enough vitamin D, to start. So all though I don't like it, this means I have to up my fish intake. It is not that I don't like the taste of fish, but I only ate it once in a while. I will be getting supplements too, but the doctor advised me to eat more fat fish too. So yeah... I guess I will give it a go because if it can make a difference in my overall health, I kind of need to take it. Meat however will forever be a no-go. And yes, I know how hypocrite this might sound. I am aware of this fact. Anyway, the evening meals will remain mostly veggie like they always been, because Nick doesn't like the fatty fishes. So it will be mainly during lunch that I will up the fish intake. The only fishes Nick likes are the white ones. Halibut is a fatty white fish, so we will try that on the menu. But things like tuna, salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines, I can't get Nick to eat.
Anyway, let's move on to the menu.


Sunday: A veggie patty sub from the Subway.


Monday and Tuesday: Pasta with spinach, cream cheese and sundried tomatoes.


Tuesday and Wednesday lunch: Spinach omelette with cheese. (I upped my spinach intake after drawing blood to recover my iron quickly)


Wednesday baking: Lemon-yoghurt cake. (recipe to come)


Wednesday and Thursday: Bean burritos (recipe to come)


Friday: Leek pancakes (recipe to come)


Saturday: Ratatouille from the oven with fries and fish fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment