Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Comfort Food: Spaghetti with "meatballs"

Yes, another comfort food recipe. I have made a few in the past weeks, and now I am playing the catch up game, I am not bothered by paying attention to change it up. I just want to get the recipes on here as soon as I can, because they are piling up ;) I hope I will be able to blog every day for a week or so to be able to catch up fully, but I am not sure yet when exactly this will happen. PS I am still blogging from a crappy old laptop and it sometimes doesn't register my typing. While I try to correct this, I am sure there will be extra errors in my posts because of this!!!!

Anyway: today I will share a recipe that I wanted to try for a long time when I saw it on Pinterest. It is spaghetti and "meatballs". I am so glad that I tried this because it really tastes great! The original recipe comes from Cookin' Canuck. It is already in English, but I will blog it too because of the oz to gram calculations, which I don't feel like making every time ;) Otherwise I did not change much of the recipe.


Spaghetti with "meatballs" (serves 4)
- 640 gr Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup breadcrumbs (maybe a bit more, depending on the moistness of the mixture)
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of your favorite marinara or tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese for grating
- 300 gr spaghetti, cooked

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place a baking sheet on your oven tray. In the bowl of a food processor, combine beans and roasted red peppers. Pulse until chopped, but do not over process. Stir in spring onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper until well combined. Using about 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture, form “meatballs” by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the “meatballs” on the baking sheet. Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and have a light golden brown coating, about 15 to 20 minutes.

In a large saucepan, heat you favorite marinara or tomato sauce until it simmers. Add “meatballs” and stir to coat. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over spaghetti and top with grated Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment