Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pin It and Do It: Vegetarian Moussaka



It is time again for another round of Pin It and Do It, hosted by Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity. I always love to participate in the challenge, because it gives me an extra reason to cook from my lovely Pinterest recipe board!

How I love my moussaka. I honestly think it is one of the best ovendishes ever. When I stopped eating meat I used to just replace the minced meat and be done with it. I used to make it from a package. But ever since I know what crap they put in there I have been on the lookout for a good Moussaka recipe. Luckily 24-kitchen provided 2 good recipes! I made a combination from this recipe and this one. Because one has a better veggie mix and potatoes, and the other has a better sauce. I actually made this once before from Pinterest, but I didn't post it then. So I made it again, and this time I will share the recipe.


Moussaka: (serves 4)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 200 gr tomatoes
- 350 gr potato slices
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- some fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml Greek yoghurt
- 100 gr grated cheese
- some salt and pepper

Make sure your potato slices are somewhat done already, I just use pre sliced, make some holes in their plastic bag, and put them in the microwave for 3 minutes. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Slice the eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini. Cut the onion in small rings and chop garlic and parsley. Heat some olive oil in a pan and bake the zucchini and eggplant slices. Remove from the pan. Heat some oil again, and bake onion and garlic shortly. Mix this with the parsley. Mix the eggs with the yoghurt and add some salt and pepper to taste.

Now we are going to layer. Start with potatoes, then layer zucchini, eggplant, tomato and the garlic-onion mixture. Ending with some eggplant. Pour the yoghurt mixture over the layers and top it off with the cheese. Place it in the oven for about 25 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment