Monday, October 28, 2013

Foodblogswap: Eierkoeken



It is time again for another round of Pin It and Do It, hosted by Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity. I always love to participate in the challenge, because it gives me an extra reason to cook from my lovely Pinterest recipe board!

For the Foodblogswap I cook from another blog and someone else cooks from my blog. It is very fun to get to know new bloggers :) This time I got to cook from Carry's Kitchen. First I wanted to go for a main course, but because they contained meat, I choose from the baking section. I didn't feel like adjusting a lot this time around and I choose a recipe for a kind of cookies I never made before: eierkoeken. I will just keep them calling eierkoeken here, because I have no clue if there even is a translation and eggy cookies, just isn't right ;) The recipe is very easy and straight forward, only my first batch I kept too long in the oven, because they didn't turn golden. So instead of soft and chewy they were rather crispy, and you don't want that with eierkoeken. So I opted for a lighter cookie with my 2nd batch and they turned out great!


Eierkoeken: (Makes 10)
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr sugar
- 8 gr vanilla sugar
- 100 gr flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- grated peel of 1 lemon

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar together until you get a nice foamy batter. Mix in another bowl the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon peel, and combine carefully with the batter.

Line a tray with a baking sheet, and laddle a large spoonful of batter on the tray. I could only bake 4 cookies in one go, because these get really big, you don't want them to close together. Bake them for about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. In this case better opt for a lighter, softer cookie, because that is what they are supposed to be.

I enjoyed making these, because it was something totally different and new to me! And so much better than the store bought version :)


No comments:

Post a Comment