Thursday, May 26, 2011

Snack Review: Koala's March - Caramel Au Lait

Another winter limited from my backed up pile of snacks. I am trying to play catch up now :) I bought these Koala cookies at J-list in the past winter in a co-order with friends, but they only reached me at anime 2011, the first weekend of May when I was seeing the friend again I ordered with. Anyway, here they are:


Koala's March is a product made by Lotte. With this snack they support the Australian Koala Foundation. They are filled biscuits shaped like Koalas and also have pictures of Koala's on them. They come in various flavors but chocolate and strawberry are the most common ones. But of course, I like to try other flavors too and therefore imported these. I paid $2.50 for a 48gr box.

The cookies smelled a bit like yoghurt with coffee flavor. The biscuit part is thicker than I am used to and the filling is mostly sweet and subtle, like sweet milk. The filling is less liquid than I have tasted in other types of these cookies. I didn't really spotted much of a caramel taste though.

But here is the catch: Since this is a winter edition, suggested is that you warm up the cookies shortly in the microwave. 50 seconds for 6 cookies. And I have to say that I do like them better warm. The sweetness comes out better and the snack gets more balanced. And the biscuit shell stayed crispy too, so no mushy biscuit like I expected would happen. On the other hand Zeronic liked them better cold. So I guess you will just have to buy these and find out yourself. The biscuits can’t be ordered on J-List anymore however I have seen them around the web for about the same price :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know they supported the Australian Koala Foundation! Nice to know =D I'd like to try that flavour =3 And nuking em! =P

    ReplyDelete