Friday, March 25, 2011

Snack Review: Meiji Creamy Air Chocolate Marshmallow

Sometimes when you see a product you know that you just have to try it. This happened to me when I saw this Chocolate bar from Meiji on J-List! I wanted to try a chocolate bar from Meiji anyway, and the combination with marshmallows sounded like a real treat. I paid $2.80 for a chocolate bar of 42gr, which is a bit more than I would normally pay for a chocolate bar here in the Netherlands. However J-list offers the best value here compared with other web shops that carried this bar.

Looks wise, this is just a plain chocolate bar, nothing special to report there. The smell is light and sweet. I thought that this created the right expectations because the chocolate is very light and bubbly. The marshmallow adds a nice soft and chewy touch and flavor wise it is well balanced. Personally I thought it tasted heavenly because to me this combination just works really well. Quality wise I have tasted better chocolate locally, but it wouldn't be fair to compare Japanese chocolate to Dutch chocolate, because Dutchies are really spoiled when it comes to chocolate. This is the first Japanese chocolate bar I tried, so I can't really compare it yet. I would recommend this to people who like a sweet, light and bubbly chocolate snack. Myself I was disappointed that my BF wanted half of it as well, because it was just so good. I will surely buy this again.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried some of the sticky candies from Meiji, but not the chocolate bars (because I am very spoiled indeed as a Dutchie, just like you said! It's easy to get really good chocolate here). It sounds like a Bros texture combined with the chewiness of marshmellow. Wouldn't mind eating this!

    ReplyDelete