Tuesday, February 9, 2010

bento #8 + noodle curry recipe



For the boyfriends night shift I used the cute new dragonfly bento. It contains noodle curry (recipe below), mandarin slices, red beans, sausage and paprika dressing. (beware: I tagged the entry vegetarian because the recipe is, the sausage obviously is not)



For the noodles I used all biological vegetables. Even the noodles I used are biological. It was the first time I had udon noodles and I thought they tasted great. I do think that you can make this recipe with any kind of thick noodles though.

Noodle curry recipe:
300gr udon noodles
1 glove of garlic
2 spring onions
250gr brown mushrooms
300ml coconut milk
2 tbsp mild Indian curry paste
200gr sugar snaps
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce

First clean the fresh sugar snaps and cook them until crisp. Cook the udon noodles for about ten minutes, then drain. Cut the mushrooms, garlic & spring onions, bake them in some oil. Add the sugar snaps. Stir the coconut milk with the curry paste & sweet soy sauce and add those as well. Stir well and lastly add the noodles. Stir again until everything is mixed. Now put the heat on low and wait till the sauce gets thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment