Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine: Marshmallow Brownie Cupcakes

While I didn't make anything special for valentine this year myself, I found a fitting recipe in my backlog that I want to share today. I finally found a jar of marshmallow fluff in the Dutch stores and I just had to bake something with it. The fluff is really the ultimate sticky goodness, haha. This recipe is pretty decadent, but that is only fitting for valentines day right ;) I got my inspiration from Recipe For Perfection. But she only provided half a recipe, referring to 1 recipe of brownie batter. So I used the batter from the Oreo Brownie recipe, because that was pretty basic but I omitted the oreos and replaced that with the fluff. This worked out really well.


Marshmallow Brownie Cupcakes: (makes about 12)
- 165 gr unsalted butter
- 200 gr milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 165 gr light brown castor sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners. Melt the butter in a pan and remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melted and the butter and chocolate form a nice mixture. Let it cool down to 37 degrees. We don't have a thermometer but you can check, because your body temperature is about the same. So carefully check with a clean finger and if it is about the same, it is all good :)

Beat the eggs until they are tripled in size. Add the sugar gradually while you keep mixing until combined. Then carefully combine with the chocolate mixture and stir this together until smooth. Do not use your mixer anymore. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder carefully until combined.

Now scoop in each muffin hole some of the brownie batter to cover the bottoms. Then spoon about one tablespoon of fluff on top of that. Lastly cover the fluff with more brownie batter. They will expand greatly so do not overfill the cups. No more then 3/4. Bake for about 25 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs but no wet batter.
Leave them cool for about 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment