Monday, September 16, 2013

Recipe Review: Vegan Ovendish


This post is a part of Vegan MoFo. For more information about Vegan MoFo, visit their website.

I tried a recipe from one of my favorite Dutch vegan blogs, De Groene Meisjes. They have a family favorite completely veganized, and it looked really good, so I had to try it.


It is an oven dish with a tomato base with soy crumbs, green beans, and a cauliflower topping with natural yeast for a cheezy flavour. Their pictures surely came out better than mine too, so please go have a look because this doesn't do it justice at all.

I really loved the tomato and green bean combination. The green beans added freshness and a nice crunch. However both me and my boyfriend didn't like the topping that much. We liked the cashew-yeast combi, but the cauliflower mash was a bit off with the rest of the ingredients to us. I liked it on it's own though, so it might just reappear on the menu one day, but not in this combination. But maybe I will make up my own topping while using the same base because that tasted really good! I do encourage you to try it though. Maybe you will love the combination, because lots of people do, as proven in the comment section of the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment