Friday, May 10, 2013

Pin It and Do It: Avocado Risotto


Here is another thing I made for the Pin it and Do it challenge that is hosted by Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity. Please go there if you want more information about the challenge :)

This time I made an avocado risotto from a website that I adore, Amuse your Bouche. I know that I make a lot of risottos from that website, but they are all so good!


When I mentioned to Zeronic, that I found a recipe for avocado risotto, he said: do it! So we did :) If you cook with avocado you have to be careful that it not becomes bitter. But because you add the avocado near the end, this doesn't happen. As for tweaking: we added some mascarpone because we had some that needed to be used. This recipe is very creamy and comforting. The only thing that we want to change is add some sundried tomatoes for some extra flavour. But this is yet another risotto recipe that I like to make more often. All though I have to admit that we keep trying new ones ;) To find the recipe, click on the link above :)


3 comments:

  1. I love avocados. I need to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been too intimidated to make risotto but this doesn't sound too difficult. Would be delicious with sun-dried tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I only just found this - thanks so much for the link, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :) sun-dried tomatoes sound like a GREAT addition!

    ReplyDelete