Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe review: Couscous-date muffins

It has been a while since I made some muffins. I thought it was time to change that. Dates and couscous are two of my favorite ingredients, so when I saw a recipe for couscous-date muffins on cooking with Thas, I really wanted to try them. The reason why I call this a recipe review is because I am not going to share the recipe with you. It is in English already and I hardly changed anything about it. Do just follow the link above to find it.


But what did I think of the recipe? Well they are great! I love the part with the dates in :) But the next time I would use a cup of dates instead of 0.5 cup like I did now. I also didn't taste the rosewater that well. The taste is fairly neutral and it does need a little extra. The maple syrup topping does that :) But that is not very practical when on the road in a bento, because it is sticky stuff. So I would add more dates next time to give it some body. Also I want to make a note that I got 18 muffins out of the recipe instead of 12. Maybe I could add some grated coconut too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment