Monday, March 25, 2013

Meatless Monday Recipe: Lemonies

A long while back, my BF and I made these lemon brownies and we thought they were delicious! Somehow they never ended up on the blog, so that need to change! For the American readers, just head over to Rita's recipes (she also made up the name Lemonies, very clever!), but for the European readers, I will post the recipe here, because we don't have sticks of butter and some other things. It makes things easier for myself too, when I don't have to recalculate everything over and over ;)


Lemon Brownies (Lemonies): 
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 115 gr butter, soft
- 2 eggs
- juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon

Combine sugar, salt and flour in a large bowl. Mix in the soft butter. In another bowl whisk the eggs and add the lemon juice and zest, stir trough. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well. Pour the batter into a brownie pan (or a small oven dish if you don't own a brownie pan like I do). Bake in a pre heated oven for about 25 minutes on 180 degrees. Remove and let it cool. Meanwhile make the glaze.

Glaze:
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- some additional zest

Stir it together. This is all a matter of taste and how sweet or sour you want everything to be. Spread the glaze over the lemonies and let it set.



1 comment:

  1. I made these for my book group a few weeks ago (I think it's from the same website) and they all loved it.

    Thanks for translating the recipe. Much easier!

    ReplyDelete