Thursday, January 10, 2013

Vitatas #28

We didn't get a vegetable bag in a while, with the busy December month and my failing health, the planning flew out of the window. I am not sure if we will be getting a veggie bag every week, but at least for this week we did and I made a menu.


In the bag there are: 3 carrots, 2 leeks (hiding in the back), a cauliflower, beans, Brussel sprouts and a yellow bell pepper. Quite a variation. Zeronic and I both don't like Brussel sprouts though, so I am consulting some people on recipes for Brussel Sprouts haters ;) So if you have any suggestions to make sprouts sweet, please tell me!

The menu for week 2-3 will be:
Thursday and Friday: Easy pasta with mushrooms, zucchini and tomato mascarpone sauce with veggies we already bought.
Saturday and Sunday: Couscous salad
Monday: Something with Brussel sprouts
Tuesday: Mashpot with green and white beans
Wednesday: Carrot risotto from Amuse Your Bouche
Thursday and Friday: Cauliflower curry (page 82 - Albert Heijn eetboeken reeks - vegetarisch)
Weekend Baking: Coconut Custard Pie


1 comment:

  1. I'm posting a (vegan) brussel sprout recipe tomorrow! Must like ginger though :p It's a sweet stir-fry. Really makes it more of a cabbage instead of the whole bulb. And yay veggie bags!

    ReplyDelete