Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snack Review: Meiji Rice Poporon - Black Sesame

I have to say that this is one of the more odd snacks I've had so far. But odd doesn't have to equal bad. So lets see what we have this week.


These look just like the same common chocolate stuffed biscuit, but they are not. They have a rice like coating which makes the taste different to anything I have had so far. Also mixed in the coating are black sesame seeds. The coating isn't sweet but has a more savoury taste and with the combination of the sweet, creamy chocolate, this is something else. They are a bit on the dry side, but because the chocolate is more liquid, this evens out nicely. As for the black sesame: I find that taste coming through in a subtle way and I notice it more in the after taste. I have to say that I did have to get used to the taste, but I do like them.

You can buy a package on J-list for $3,50.


No comments:

Post a Comment