Monday, September 3, 2012

Meatless Monday: Lemon Cheesecake

It was my b-day on the last weekend of August, but because I was out, my mom dropped by last weekend instead. So I decided to make my own cheesecake for the first time from scratch. I love lemony flavours in cakes, pies and cookies so when I found this easy looking recipe on Goddelijke Huisvrouw, I just had to try it. I doubled and adjusted the crust recipe because I only have a large springform. But a smaller springform would be better.


Lemon Cheesecake (serves 8)
- about 20 cookies (I used bastogne)
- 150gr butter
- 40gr sugar (optional)
- 397gr (1 tin) sweet condensed milk
- 150ml whipped cream
- 175gr cream cheese
- 2 lemons

First make the crust. Place the cookies in the food processor until you have nice small crumbs. Melt the butter and add it to the cookie crumbs. Optionally you can add sugar too, but that depends on how sweet you like it. Fold everything together with your hands until it sticks together and spread the crust in the bottom of the springform. Let it cool down.
Now grate and juice the lemons. Mix the milk, cream and cheese together in a bowl with the lemon zest. Stir out most of the lumbs. Now add the lemon juice bit by bit while stirring. It will make your batter thicker. Scoop the batter onto the crust and place the cheesecake into the fridge overnight. (at least 4 hours)

Optionally you can decorate the cheesecake with red fruit and whipped cream. I only did half of mine, because not everyone did like strawberries.





No comments:

Post a Comment