Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekend Cooking: Cherry-Blueberry Smoothie

I have tried various smoothies in the past weeks, but this one is rapidly becoming my favorite. It is a very sweet smoothie and it doesn't require sugar to sweeten.


Cherry-Blueberry Smoothie (serves 1)
- 1/4 glass vanilla yoghurt
- 1/4 glass milk
- a handful of cherries
- a handful of blueberries

First remove the pits from the cherries. I made sure that my blueberries were frozen ahead of time. That way the smoothie doesn't require any ice. Of course you can also freeze the cherries after you have removed their pits. Because my blender is one that has the knives in the bottom, I have to mix the milk and vanilla yoghurt first before adding the fruit. But if you have a better blender, you can just toss it in and blend until smooth. As always, leave the dishes till after you finished this, because smoothies are best when drank immediately.

Don't forget to visit the other weekend cooking participants. Who knows where the inspiration for your next meal will come from :)

12 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful -- for breakfast or for an an afternoon treat on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of blueberries and cherries. I've never tried it in a smoothy before but will now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so great! I love smoothies yet don't make them. Why is that? Must remedy situation. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries and cherries are a wonderful combination -- tasty and really healthy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this would be great with coconut milk! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. smart tip, to freeze the blueberries first. And I'm laughing at the "first remove the cherry pits" instruction :)

    Sounds like a refreshing treat (and good for you, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color! What a terrific treat.

    http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2011/08/21/weekend-cooking-book-club-announcement/

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks soooooo tasty *yammy* i will drink it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try this tomorrow morning, though I will use coconut water instead of dairy. I have lots of frozen cherries and blueberries.

    ReplyDelete