Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#110 #111 and #112 Bento from the past week.

In the past week I made three bento. One for myself and two for Zeronic.


This bento has rice & veggies with chimichurri sauce, two broccoli muffins and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. There are also some cherry tomatoes hidden next the the wedge. I took this bento to school with me, but made it the night before so the picture is taking with evening light :S


In this bento for Zeronic are 6 falafel balls, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, a pumpkin-apple muffin and little bites filled with shiitake and bok choy. Because we had lettuce in the veggie bag, I was able to use that as separator. I used to buy lettuce just for that purpose, but I decided not to so that anymore and just use lettuce if I happen to have it. Even though it makes the look of a bento much more appealing. 


In the last bento I made, also for Zeronic, there is another pumpkin-apple muffin and apple slices. In the other tier there is a white bean burger, rice and more beans.

I noticed that I really find it handy to have things like muffins and burgers in stock for a bento. I am also looking for easy and cheap snack ball recipes :) Making them yourself is much more healthy and they are perfect for bento. So all vegetarian suggestions are welcome :) 

1 comment:

  1. You can make cheese balls in miniature--use any recipe for cheese balls and just roll them into about 1 inch balls.

    I've found that if I keep hard boiled eggs on hand, I've always got something for lunch. (It's easy to fill out with other things I pack a lot, like carrot sticks, apple slices, Babybel cheese wheels, etc.) That's a similar principle, if you eat eggs. I keep intending to make muffins and just can't seem to get around to it. But having those in the freezer would probably help matters!

    ReplyDelete